We will collect our class notes in a shared folder in Google Docs. On days when you take notes, follow these steps to add your notes to the collection:
- Login to Google Docs using the same email address and password that you use to submit your reading responses for this class.
- At the bottom of the left-hand sidebar, look for a menu item labeled “Collections shared with me,” then click the gray arrow to expand that menu item.
- You should see a folder labeled “ENGW 4341 Class Notes.” Hover over that folder title until you see a drop-down arrow appear to the right of the text.
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select “Create > Document.” This should take you to a new, empty document.
- Click on the “Untitled document” text at the top of the screen. When the “Rename Document” dialog box opens, give your document a name using this pattern: “ENGW 4341 Class Notes – Date – Author(s) – Notes by Your Name.” For example, “ENGW 4341 Class Notes – 1/24 – Ehninger – Notes by Chloe.”
- Type your summarized notes into the document, or copy and paste your summarized notes from MS Word into the document.
- Clean up any formatting problems, then proofread your notes for accuracy.
- When you are finished, email Quinn to let him know that you have completed this assignment.